- Then & Now Project: The journey from “I do” to “I don’t” to “what now” is complicated. This project shares snippets from my book – taken from my journal then. These posts reveal pieces of the journey in a “that was then, this is now” format with my posting days matching journal entry days. (Sort of a time-fusion.) I hope this project focus will offer food for thought in your own life – whether you do, don’t or might. XO
Dream, April 1, 1994 • “Eric and I are going out for dinner … he gives me flowers … he presents me with a white silk kimono. There is a hand-painted symbol on the front. Broad yet delicate brush strokes form a red circle, and deep blue strokes run vertically through the circle. Very oriental in character … custom made for me … he kisses me … I don’t resist … he’s trying to give me what he feels I need … I am grateful …”
Dream, April 2, 1994 • “Ray and I are sleeping on a mattress, on the floor in the back bedroom. We start to make love … It surprises me that he would want to do this … I awaken (in the dream) and realize I was dreaming … and see him sleeping in a fetal position … I try to wake him but he is in a deep sleep … Then I really wake up.”
Dream, April 3 • “Ray is moving his stuff out. I find razor blades scattered on our bed … I show them to him …“
2010: If you asked me to list five things that had an impact on me as a child, dreams would be on that list. Voices. Visions. Nightmares. The line between the waking world and dreaming world was often fuzzy.
I always had vivid dreams. As I grew older I got comfortable with them and gradually learned to welcome their wisdom. Dreams offered another view – another way to look at and process things that were going on in my life. (Take away the psychology and I had a front row seat at the movies every night!)
I don’t think there is a one of us who isn’t a little bit curious about our dreams. Ever notice how your dream time gets more active when you’re going through a challenge or trying to make a decision? Venting dreams. Message dreams. Ever stop to listen and discern?
Well get ready for what that looks like. Where March roared in like a lion with its “real-world” pain, April entered like a lamb and gently opened the door to a world of dreams, angel signs, synchronicities, Spirit dialogs, visions and insights.
- Post Number Eighteen: There were 52 entries in my book for the month of March – more in my original journal! I can see where they were all necessary to clear the way for April, a month with a very different tempo. (Writing under fire pays off!)
- A Funny Thought: If I could go back to 1994, right now? I would say, “Bernadette, it’s a gorgeous day outside and you have me in here at this keyboard? Oh. And hold onto your hat. That dream time line is about to get fuzzy again!
- About This Post: I’m attempting to merge the nine months recorded in Bernadette’s Pages with the present here – but still can’t figure out how to format it in a neat and tidy way. So, it’s probably going to be raw and choppy in places. I’ll throw in some quotes and bullets to guide you along. If I lose you somewhere, let me know. I’ll come back to get you.
- If you landed in the middle of this project: Click here to start at the beginning!
The Messy Room and my Facebook Page are two ways that I share the “HOW” of it! Please join me and SPREAD THE WORD. You CAN get here from there!
Excerpts ©2006 from Bernadette’s Pages: An Intimate CrossroadPin It