On being born. Or the effects of Neptune in Pisces.

Thunder Bay Starlings by Donna Harvey

Starlings Leaving Thunder Bay by Donna Harvey. A Lesson in Moving On.

A while back some muses played Kick the Can in The Messy Room. It was a spontaneous game of creative play, each muse “kicking” off the muse’s contribution before them with their favorite medium. There were even enough kicks that it merited the title of “project. Then one day, long after the can dust had settled, a muse named Donna showed up and, after rummaging around in some of the Messy Room’s back rooms, she was inspired to take her kick at the can.

Donna’s kick went straight to the moon – to that lunar side of knowingness. No doubt an angel call landed her in the Messy Room, as I find myself in the company of many these days who are going through what she shares with her kick of the can – self included.

In her email, she wrote, “This was written under the illuminating light of a Cancer Moon going full in Leo wherein my heart will always speak louder than my mind. I followed the pen. If this is too much, I can rewrite and resubmit my inspiration when the moon goes into Taurus.”

You know what I am going to say, Donna? Keep following that pen. Your art and words are inspired, intense, brilliant and playful. And I do believe that a few of us have been waiting for you.

Donna Harvey's Moon Meditations!

Moon Meditations by Donna Harvey. Where would you like to go today?

About Donna in her own words:

“There was a time when I did not consider myself an artist. I thought it to be nothing more than what I did on craft day with my kids. I was a just a mother, the one who made sandwiches and found socks. I have grown in understanding that if anything, IT is all art. Born of that understanding, I was an artist. So, I will write you a story “On Being Born.” Or more likely, “On Being Brave.” Or perhaps even “The Effects of Neptune in Pisces. Whatever it might be, it is a journey through that of a messy room that ironically, births an uncluttered mind.”

Donna HArvey

HERE IS DONNA’S KICK AT THE CAN:

Suspended in oblivion, I am not yet aware of the terms of the agreement and my fated upheaval. As I wallow in complacency and the comforts of the womb, I become faintly aware that I can no longer float freely but in fact, I am bound by what once had sustained me and I cling to its puny offerings as it now subtly resists me.

I am no stranger to the darkness, but the blackness that now envelops me, compels a sudden numbing dread. Although the voices are barely audible, the urgency in which they are spoken is unmistakable, like some ugly prelude to what has yet to come. The incessant drone of voiced opinions and practical advice crawls through my skin as if marching ants.

I am repulsed by this unsettling sensation as I become acutely aware of the connection I have with my body and my mind. I feel the blood race through me and send every fiber of my being, convulsing with fear as I struggle with this unrelenting resistance and my impending doom. What once had provided nourishment has now become some colossal force that assaults my body and sweeps down on me with great vengeance to expel me from this coveted space.

I know nothing of heroes and saviors but feel a most compelling need to fall to my knees and pray to the blackness that now consumes me, and without pride, I beg for mercy. I cling to that which repels me so defiantly. I curse answered prayers as I gather new strength to battle the breach that now looms before me. I labor with the intensity of monumental change, which contorts my body and sends me reeling towards the blinding light.

Letting go becomes inevitable as I submit to this undeniable force and surrender to this evolution.

A mournful wail transcends from the depths of my soul as I succumb to what lays before me. My liberation is fast approaching as I drink in the warmth that embraces me and I feel safe in the cradle of her arms.

Meadow Come Morning by Donna Harvey

Starlings in the Meadow by Donna Harvey. An empty Girl Guide Cookie Box and a knife. Finding what you love.

As I wrap up this post, I am DELIGHTED to witness and be part of this creative flow. The generosity of muses like Donna, who share their creativity so freely and spontaneously, inspires me. And I hope it does you too!

Kick th Can Project - PhotoFunia

Check out The Messy Room’s “Kick the Can” project. Videos, art, poetry, mandalas … and more! CLICK to see the rest of the can kicks!

Want to help us kick this can around the world?

1. Write a story, poem, song, classified add – just kidding – or come up with some other creation.

2. Contact me with your art creation/copy and a link to your blog or website, and where in the world you are kicking the can from.

© Copyright Reminder – All writing, artwork and photos remain the copyrights of their creators. If you are inspired to share or quote from this article please share The Messy Room with it. Together we grow!

So, if you like this then LIKE it and SHARE it with a kick!

Pin It
Spread the love

15 thoughts on “On being born. Or the effects of Neptune in Pisces.

• February 10, 2012 at 10:10 am

I am breaking the blogging ice … as always, your comments are more than welcomed … set down that coffee cup … coffee rings are acceptable in the messy room! 🙂

• February 10, 2012 at 10:31 am

Wow!! You make it look so “Tidy” Bernadette. Looks like it didn’t spawn from a Messy Room at all. I suppose it comes from all that experience you have with Muse-Fusion.
    This has been my first “Kick” at participation.
    I am on my own riveting ride.
    Like stepping into the Abyss to discover a new world.
    Thanks for that.

• February 10, 2012 at 10:58 am

The thanks is mine, Donna. Your “kick” spoke to a great “upheaval” that is going on with me right now. You got a crystal ball over there or something? 🙂

• February 10, 2012 at 11:57 am

I wish. It would be nice to be able to be one step ahead of the Klunk.

I’m thinking though of selling a “Do it Yourself Vision Quest” Kit that might help ease you into the Abyss.

Consists of a
    Billy Jack DVD
    A Rattle (it comes plain so you can decorate it yourself.)
    and A Rubber Snake.
    I’m debating whether or not I should include beaded moccasins.

Strangely enough. It worked for me.
    I’m sure it could work for you too.

just kidding.
    That was fun though wasn’t it.

• February 12, 2012 at 12:15 am

🙂 Yes it was … heheheh …

• February 10, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Applauding wildly. Your art is a joy and your words inspiring. Well done, Donna. I glad you found the can!

• February 10, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I am glad I found the can too. I am equally as glad that I have found myself here. Thank you Sharron.

• February 10, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Sheer joy and inspiration! Love your artwork, Donna and look forward to more!

• February 10, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Thank you Toni I am looking forward to more too. I have to be careful now though, I am working with a pen that won’t stop talking and a knife that I can’t pick up.

Hopefully, I will find some balance.

• February 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

Hello Donna!!! I am struck by the intensity and playfulness of your art!!! And you inspired me!! Just this morning I was looking at some photos from my trip to the beach last year and then I read your post. I thought how we forget that the time of cocooning has a strong purpose. Without further ado, here’s my attempt at a “kick”: http://www.juliettemansour.com/2012/02/11/neptune-will-emerge-photography/

• February 15, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Juliette! Your photos are amazing. I was born 6 giant steps from the ocean. Looking at your pictures, brought me home. When I was a little girl, kids would make up stories because I was so gullible. One girl told me that a cleaner came every morning to wash the shore. That’s why there were soap bubbles in the water. That picture made me laugh. I can not tell you what the clouds and starling have done for me. Maybe not a starling but that is what I want it to be. It is beautiful. They are all beautiful. You certainly have captured Neptune emerging in Pisces.
      Magic.

• February 15, 2012 at 9:22 pm

So here’s what I am thinking. The Idiot’s Guide to Astrology.

We cannot both hang on and let go. Bittersweet I guess. The past is a different country. We have arrived now in a different time and place. In a way it is a lot like a map on the wall, and whatever place you were, becomes a place you have been. There is 1001 lessons under our belts, 801 nights spent in a rabbit hole chasing rabbits and a dream.
    But it brought us all here. This new place.
    Sometimes you have to “step over the piece of ribbon” and let it go. I am not sure what that means here but it seemed to fit for me, I love that line Bernadette.
    With Neptune, comes half truths, deception and a bajillion questions that we can not find answers to. Like watching your life from behind a veil and certainly, breathing lessons.
    The magic though, is extraordinary. Perhaps a good time to let this “new place” know that we have arrived.

I have been known to be a “preacher” (although not clinically diagnosed).
    I just wanted to share my thoughts because it would seem that the whole universe is under the same kind of pressure to change. Myself included. To change something. Whatever that might be. I would think to step into who we are at the most intimate level. Perhaps, stepping into our hearts. And I can promise you, something will change.
    Pluto Uranus and Saturn of course have a huge say in this matter. They do not discriminate. They will klunk you on the head until your head falls off or until you finally get it. Venus will take the edge off the klunks, and Mars, well, Mars will keep that fire in your belly burning until you can find the gift in the klunks.
    That’s my best idea.
    xo

• March 3, 2012 at 12:51 am

Donna … you are speaking directly to my soul in a way you MUST know … and if you do not, soon you will. The angels have sent you and I am grateful. 🙂 I savor your words as they speak to my life at this moment. Blessings to you, my friend. xo

• March 3, 2012 at 10:21 am

…and to you Bernadette. xo
        It seems we are all going through the relentless and irritating process of cultivating a pearl. As Rama says: “hassle the details”
        And as Michaelangelo said: “I kept chiseling away until an Angel emerged.”
        There is a pearl in the making. There is yet, a masterpiece, to emerge.
        Keep on keepin on.
        love Donna xo

• March 4, 2012 at 12:57 am

“I kept chiseling away until an Angel emerged.” What an angel you are … and the same to you, my dear! xo