Who Needs A Miracle When You Have A Line Of Credit?

Who Needs a Miracle When You Have A Line Of Credit?

Before you judge something as less than desirable, consider that it might be an invitation to more than imaginable.

Jesus said to them, “How many loaves do you have?”
“Seven,” they replied, “and a few fish.” Matthew 15:24

Miracle making is muscle building. There’s a focus with Matthew 15:24 that doesn’t often get talked about. Jesus worked a miracle – yes – but he didn’t gather the fishes and loaves. He said, “Bring me what you have.”

Think about that directive for a moment. Basically, he said, “Use what muscle you have to gather your resources, show up back here, and offer them to me.” He relied on the footwork of the disciples and willingness of others to share before doing his miracle-making thing to feed the masses.

There was no credit card to save face. He didn’t reschedule for a better day or campaign for event sponsors. And he didn’t tell his disciples to dig deeper.

He worked in the present moment with the resources offered because he knew that, in the presence of less, more is called forth – the kind of more that removes our fears about less and loss.

Where am I going with this? If you’re following my blog, you know it’s been a hell of a year. The shock of losing a breast and Ray to cancer challenges my corner of the world daily. When folks ask me how I’m doing in meeting my obligations, I joke that I have a real “fishes and loaves” thing going here. And, really, I do. What I need arrives in a way that allows me the activity/recuperation space needed to heal for the day, the week, the month – at hand. No more. No less. Every time a little nervousness sets in and I want to investigate exactly how this could be, my angels say, “Stop. Your less is God’s more. ReVEL iN ThAT.

“Use what muscle you have to gather your resources, show up back here, and offer them me,” is a simple formula that calls forth that which answers to the gnawing hunger of the crowd.

When navigating through multitudes of less and loss, I can pick up my basket and look for a loaf of determination or willingness or gratitude – or even curiosity for how it’s all going to play out. What can I do today – can I offer today – in collaboration with the master mathematician who is happy to multiply goodness in response to my concerns? It doesn’t have to be big or grand. It can be small and simple.

This is the zone where working with less offers me – and you – opportunity for more than the more we customarily shortchange ourselves with when reaching into our own pockets. If you are where I am – struggling to start a new chapter in life – this is particularly good news.

Less resistance. More assistance.
Less distraction. More attraction.
Less busyness. More focus.
Less panic. More peace.
Less judgment. More understanding.
Less fear. More curiosity.
Less doubt. More amazement.

Your turn:
Less [________]. More [________].

You are enough right where you are. So, before you whip out that credit card, maybe grab a basket and work the crowd with me. And, remember, when we make room for less, more can happen. This is the place of miracles.  XO Bernadette

By The Seat Of Your Pants eBook Cover

By The Seat Of Your Pants My little eBook comes with LEsS for your mORe – and is my GiFT to you! Download to your device or print it. No hitches. Enjoy! CLICK HERE to find out mORe. 🙂

Subscribe to this blog or follow me on Facebook!
Remember, sharing is caring. If you found something here that inspired, you may know someone else who will feel the same.

Pin It
Spread the love

12 thoughts on “Who Needs A Miracle When You Have A Line Of Credit?

• December 8, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Can’t help but think about the application of “fishes and loaves” as I make my way through these holidays … in contrast to last year at this time. I know there is a present in my presence to all of this, and that the gift of expanding Presence cannot be purchased.

I encourage each of you to pause in the midst of the festivities to be PRESENT and make the time to meander with the ones YOU LOVE – and to make sure that you let them know you love them, not as an assumption or a given. You are enough and it is YOU they want … not the stuff from which catalogs are made. So much love coming your way. From me to you, DEaR HEaRTs. XO

• December 8, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Another beautiful piece, and a gentle reminder we can all use this time of year. Love you !

• December 8, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Bernadette,
    Thank you for writing this.
    I never before paid attention to the fact that there were seven loaves.

When I read this today, it made me think immediately of the 7 chakras and the fact that Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is within us. As well, I’ve heard the phrases of the seven heavens and the 7 kingdoms. ~ Again, all within.

It all seems to make more sense now, that the loaves represent our daily bread and our sustenance …… and that all the sustenance we need is within. We don’t have to go “out there” to gather “more”.

When we acknowledge this and ask, ( seek, knock ) our fulfillment is then multiplied from within. I like it 🙂

Today, my “less is more” just by having this awareness. ~ Thank you. (already practicing and feeling the difference it makes: reeling myself back in.- lol.)

• December 8, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Wow! I love that. It definitely amps up the multiplication principle … and why wouldn’t God place the answer within reach of the needs of the inquirer? 😉 The “password” is within … unlike all MY passwords … heeheehee … Thanks for sharing this, Sandra. Great food for mORe thought. XO

• December 8, 2017 at 4:06 pm

The less worry, the more we trust in the Infinite, the more we are happy.
    The less criticism, the more we see the positive and good in the world and all around us.
    The more we trust and focus on what is right in the world, the more we benefit the collective unconscious, ourselves and all that is. When we accept and trust that the loaves AND fishes will always be there for us, they will be. Then we spread the golden light of love to all around us (feeding the multitude)xx

• December 8, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Seeing your light. Feeding the multitudes, indeed, hon! 😉 xx

• December 9, 2017 at 3:07 am

<3 <3 <3
    Less fear more love!
    Thank you lovely dear one!

• December 9, 2017 at 3:14 pm

I’m on board with that, sweet Gemini sister from across the ocean! Love from here to there! XO

• December 11, 2017 at 8:04 pm

“What I need arrives in a way that allows me the activity/recuperation space needed to heal for the day, the week, the month – at hand. No more. No less.” – As usual, thank you for reminding me to SEE what I’m grateful for right now. Yes, it’s been one HELL of a year. I will bring my muscle for fishes and loaves and then crumble, believing there is no way to have the same the next week. And yet, the miracle happens :). xoxo

• December 12, 2017 at 11:04 am

Yes they do, hon! And we witness them in each others lives. Hand-in-hand and grateful are we. XO